The Story Behind The Country Poems

The PonyMan's Country Poems were written in between 1996 and 2002. Inititally intended to be lyrics for country music. Now the story behind the songs make for interesting reading for anyone who has suffered from a broken heart.

Name:
Location: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Story Behind Country Poems #2: I Couldn't Tell Her

I was always good at appreciating, and very bad at expressing things when I was young. I think it's that way now, too in some cases. I was living in Freehold, NJ and the girl was in my class. If you could see a picture, you'd see that Amy Teller was by far the prettiest girl in class. You would also be able to see that the ugliest guy in class was yours truly.

I spent only three years living in Freehold before moving to Howell, NJ. I was too young to know that I should have stayed in touch. There are plenty of times I think back to my youth and think what could have been if I only had the chance to stay in one place. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda's are the things that poets roll around in like pigs in slop. I don't know if Amy ever thought of me as a childhood sweetheart, but I thought of her that way. The last I heard, she's a mental health professional in Georgia.

Silly me. Crazy me. I could have given her a lifetime of study work! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home